A motor scooter or a Bike (Bicycle) will be provided at the place of Internship ( Gas and minor repairs should be paid by the students )
Access to computer with Broadband connection will be provided at our computer Center.
The Cost of the Program is 1750 USD per person.
The Program cost is valid till Sep 2009.
The School remains closed in April and May for Summer vacations
Day 1 Arrival
Chennai or Trivandrum International Airport. On arrival our representative will meet and do the needful for transfers and accommodation.
Day 2 Palayamkottai
Orientation classes by Dr. Francis Roy
Voluntier program starts
Departure transfer to connect the International Flight
Weekend Programs (Minimum 2 students)
Afternoon Board train to Madurai . On arrival check in Hotel Sangam or Royal Park
After Breakfast, half day guided city tour of Madurai (Meenakshi temple and Nayak Palace.) by taxi and a Rickshaw Tour of Old Madurai.
Afternoon free for own activities
After breakfast, guided tour of Alagarkoil by TaxiAfternoon check out and leave Madurai by Train to Palayamkottai.
Afternoon board train to Trivandrum Check-in Hotel Udaya Samudra - Kovalam
After Breakfast, half day city sight seeing of Trivandrum. Afternoon free for own activities
Afternoon board train to reach Palaymkottai
Afternoon leave by taxi to Kanyakumari.Check in at Hotel Indien Hermitage.On the way visit Kanyakumari
After breakfast visit suchindrum temple and Nagercoil Temple. Afternoon free and optional visit to Kanyakumari for Sunset Sunday
After Breakfast, free for own activities to explore the hamlets and the country side around there. Afternoon leave by car for Palayamkottai
FLORENCE SWAINSON SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF
It was in the year 1895, Miss. Florence Swainson, a Missionary from ZANANA Missionary Society, England, Working at Sarah Tucker Institution; Palayamkottai got the divine inspiration to start this ministry for the Deaf children in South India. Initially, she found a class with three deaf children in the campus of Sarah Tucker Institution. Within a couple of years, she purchased the large site of 14 acres with the money gifted by her friends in England and shifted the school to the present campus. Following her, several other English Missionaries, Miss. Morgan & Rev. Charles Chittenden, with their dedication and devotion to this ministry spent out their lives for the growth of this Institution. The school got the first government recognition in 1901. The strength gradually grew up and it was upgraded into a High School in 1978. Again the school was upgraded to the Higher Secondary level in 1993. After the English Missionaries the Tirunelveli Diocese took up the responsibility of this pioneer Institution.
At present this institution caters to the educational, social, psychological and spiritual needs of about 450 hearing impaired children irrespective of caste and creed. A team of dedicated staff comprising specially trained teachers, Vocational instructors and Child care staff carry out this ministry effectively.
This institution is the Third pioneer School for the deaf children in the south. At present this is the largest residential institution for the deaf in India. Our institution has won the State level Award for the best institution (2002-03)